For hot days I love light salads but with lots of flavour! I could just have cucumbers with some salt and pepper as a side but I’m so in love with this miso dressing. I’ve been using it for everything and it’s just great to have with vegetables. This Asian cucumber salad with miso dressing is fresh, simple and a great side salad for lunch or dinner. Try it out 🙂
Asian cucumber salad with avocado and miso dressing
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Serves: 4 as a side salad
2 x cucumbers
1 x avocado
3 tbsp. of miso paste
1 x knob of ginger (1 tbsp of grated ginger)
1 x lime (juiced)
¼ cup of sesame, avocado or light olive oil
½ cup of shallots (roughly sliced)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Prepare the miso dressing first by processing the miso paste with the grated ginger, the lime juice, the oil and a tablespoon of water. Once the ingredients are combined and a slightly runny smooth paste is formed set aside.
- Finely slice the cucumbers crossways using either a mandolin or a knife. Place the sliced cucumbers around a flat plate.
- Dice the avocado and spread it over the cucumbers.
- Top with the shallots, sesame seeds, extra oil, and the miso dressing. Sprinkle with a tiny a bit of salt if needed.
- Baked fish or poultry
- For a vegetarian option serve with baked pumpkin, sweet potato or potato salad
You can use any extra miso dressing as a marinade for chicken or fish too!
Created for Harris Farm Markets