A personal must for a Christmas feast is the humble potato. Roasted with garlic and in Duck fat, these small and tasty pottatoes topped with a chunky parsley oil is what I’ll be having this year. The garlic is also a deep caramelised flavour that is also incredible with the potatoes straight out of the oven!
Recipe for Roasted potatoes in Duck fat with garlic and fresh parsley oil dressing
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 – 75 minutes
1 kg or 2 x bags of potatoes (baby kestrel)
2-3 tbsp x duck fat
2-4 garlic bulbs (depending on how much garlic you like!)
½ bunch fresh parsley
¾ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Rinse and dry the potatoes and keep the potatoes whole. Transfer them onto a large baking tray with baking paper, spread out over the surface in one layer. Slice the garlic bulbs in half crossways and add to the tray.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of duck (the more the better!) and spread it around using either a spoon, or your hands with a paid of gloves, coating the potatoes in the duck fat. Or If you like, you can also heat the duck fat gently in a small fry pan on the stove top just so that it becomes a liquid which is easier to coat the potatoes in.
- Bake the potatoes, moving them around every now and then for at least 1 hour or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile process the parsley with the olive oil, add a pinch of salt and set aside.
- When the potatoes are ready, sprinkle with salt, transfer to a serving bowl and top with the fresh parsley oil.
Recipe created with Harris Farm Markets