Recipe for prawns with Iceberg wedges and salsa
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Serves: 6-8 as a starter/entrée/shared plate
1.5 kg – 2 kg King prawns (pre cooked)
2 x Avocadoes (very ripe)
2 tbsp Yoghurt
Juice from 1 lime
Pinch of Himalayan/fine sea salt
Iceberg wedges with salsa topping
1 x Iceberg lettuce
3 x baby cucumbers
5 x radishes
5 x green onion
2 x green chilies
½ bunch of fresh coriander OR ½ bunch of parsley
½ red capsicum
- Prepare the prawns by peeling them, keeping the tails on and placing into a separate bowl. Set aside in the fridge to keep cool.
- For the avocado cream, blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor until the consistency is smooth and creamy. Transfer the avocado cream into a mini bowl or jar and place into the fridge to keep cool.
- To prepare the salad start by slicing the radishes either with a mandolin so the slices are thin and almost ‘see through’ and then place into a small bowl with cool water. Place the radishes in the bowl of water into the fridge to keep crisp and cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthways, then cut each half again into two and then again in two, so that you have 8 slices of cucumber from each 1. Transfer into a medium salad bowl.
- Remove the ends of the green onion and finely slice the onion, transferring it into the salad bowl as well.
- Remove the ends of the green chilies and roughly chop them, as well as the fresh coriander and place them into the salad bowl.
- Finely slice and dice the red capsicum and also add to the salad bowl.
- Season the salad bowl mix with olive oil and salt and mix through well.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into wedge shaped pieces and place onto one half of an oval or rectangular platter. Place the peeled prawns onto the other half of the platter. Spread the fresh salsa mix over and around the iceberg lettuce wedges. Serve along with the avocado cream.