Sometimes it’s the most simple of flavour combinations that can taste incredible! I’ve been cooking with asparagus a lot lately, it has SUCH an incredible flavour. Good in risottos, in salads, in pasta, i’m sure on pizza too. But this recipe is really just mostly roasted asparagus with some added ingredients. I just love how sometimes you can pair a small number of flavours together and it’s like the perfectly balanced mouthful. Each of the ingredients below play a big part to that perfectly balanced mouthful though. The garlic that is crispy on the outside and warmly caramelised on the inside goes so well with the asparagus, a long with the roasted lemons that have a warm citrus flavour and all topped with parmesan that is sweet, salty and umami. This recipe in particular doesn’t take ANY effort apart from grating the cheese and turning up the oven 🙂 Make a big batch of this and serve this along with some roast or other vegetarian dish. It will be perfect. Also wouldn’t be bad at all for a nice breakfast topped with a poached egg. Give it a go!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 2 as a side
2-3 x bunches of asparagus
8 x garlic cloves (skin kept on)
1 x lemon (halved and sliced)
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the very ends of the asparagus by slicing off 2 cm or snapping the ends off using your fingers (if you are using young or the smaller asparagus this isn’t necessary).
- Place the asparagus onto a tray with baking paper along with the garlic cloves and sliced lemon and top with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tray out of the oven and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve the asparagus along with the garlic cloves and lemon as a side.
- Lamb cutlets and a salad
- Roasted chicken and a butternut squash puree
- Egg and potato salad
Created with Harris Farm Makrets