Recipe for Roasted Salmon with macadamia herb paste
Vibrant and beautifully combined, incredibly simple to put together but such a lovely central seafood dish! This is great as one of the mains or even just placed on a share table at a party this season.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6-10 people
Macadamia herb paste
1 cup x macadamia nuts
1 x garlic clove
1 bunch of dill (stems removed)
1 bunch of chives
1 bunch of parsley
½ bunch of tarragon
½ bunch x of basil (leaves only, stems removed)
½ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
Lemon and tarragon crème fraiche
Lemon (juice and zest)
A few fresh leaves of tarragon
1 x half a salmon (skin on, deboned, approximately 1.5 kg)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper. Place the salmon directly onto the baking paper.
- Prepare the macadamia herb paste by placing the nuts, garlic, dill, chives, parsley, tarragon, basil, olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor. Blend until the paste is completely combined and the mixture is smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Use a spoon or spatula to spread the paste evenly over the salmon. Place the tray with the salmon into the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes more or less depending on the weight and size of the salmon.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, prepare the lemon and tarragon crème fraiche. In a processor blend the crème fraiche with the tarragon, the lemon juice and zest and season with salt. Set aside.
- Once the salmon is cooked remove it from the oven and serve either immediately along with the crème fraiche or serve it cold – just refrigerate it.
-There is enough natural fat in the salmon skin so you don’t need to add any oil to the baking paper.
-The Salmon can be prepared the day before kept overnight in the fridge before served cold.
Created for Harris Farm Markets