Recipe for Green zucchini and pecorino salad
A green salad that is refreshing, cooling and a perfect side to chicken, turkey, ham or trout this Christmas.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 minutes
3-4 x zucchinis
2 x bunches of asparagus
1 x packet of salad kale (120g)
½ punnet of Alfalfa, onion and garlic chive sprouts
100 g pecorino (shaved or grated)
1 x pot baby curly parsley
1 cup hazelnuts
1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup olive oil
2 x lemons (juice only)
fine sea salt
- To cook the asparagus prepare a medium sized pot filled with water and bring to the boil. Remove the ends of the asparagus either by slicing them off or snapping them off using your hands. Once the water is boiling, place the asparagus into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove the asparagus and place into a chilled bowl of water and into the fridge.
- Toast the hazelnuts on a dry frying pan until darkened and the skin begins to slightly come off. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin slice the zucchini very finely or use a kitchen shaver or sharp knife to create very fine and long slices. Place the zucchini into a large salad mixing bowl. Add the kale, the sprouts, the pecorino cheese, the parsley and the hazelnuts.
- Remove the chilled asparagus from the bowl of water and slice each one in half longways. Add to the salad bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Prepare the lemon dressing by placing the mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and salt into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Dress the salad when ready to serve and sprinkle with extra salt!
Created for Harris Farm Markets